Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dinner for One

Or as the food blogger in me wanted to call it:
"Pesto Gemelli with Garlic Zucchini and Parmesan."
(This "food blogger me" staged this photo with that tomato for a pop of color and the unrealistically small sprinkle of parmesan. The real me added lots more cheese prior to eating this. More cheese is always a good idea.)

So, how did the wife and mother-of-a-3.5-year-old manage dinner for one? It involves a gift from Gramma and a scheduled late work night for hubby. The little guy is with my mother up in CT for the week. We came home to return to work, but it is nice to have the evenings just the two of us. Or, like tonight, just the one of me!

So, here I am with an evening to myself. So what do I decide to do with my new found freedom?

Laundry

Dishes

Dinner

Paint

And start a blog...

"On Shuffle" is inspired by my iTunes. We have a large selection of music of all sorts, and generally I listen to it on shuffle so that I get a little of this and a little of that. That's pretty much what you can expect from me here. I'm still working to find my voice, so in the meantime, I may write about my family, food (I love food), my faith, or whatever other topics come to mind or get me thinking. Let me know what you like, what you don't. You'll help me feel out what works.

So tell me, how do YOU spend a little unexpected time to yourself?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I do the same thing! A little time to myself and it's "hmm, what can I get done around the house?" LOL I know it's un-PC to say it but I think it's a female/wife/mom thing.

    Congrats on beginning the blog - it's a great start!! Keep it up - don't let too many days go by without writing or you risk losing your momentum. And congrats on going public as well - your words mean a lot more when they are shared with others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support Jenn! I've got some posts "waiting in the wings" in my notebook that I just need to type up...hopefully I can get on a schedule.

      Delete